Skype updates iOS app for Verizon iPhone
All of the new Verizon iPhone 4 owners who are looking for apps to install on their shiny new devices can add Skype to the list. The free Skype app has been updated today so that it functions properly on the Verizon iPhone, and the update also adds support for the H.264 codec. This support is crucial to allowing Skype users to call from their iOS devices to more Skype-enabled devices, including new TVs from Panasonic and Samsung.
Of course, now that you're on the "Can You Hear Me Now?™" network, you shouldn't need to resort to Skype for your calls, should you?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app