Skype updates iOS app for Verizon iPhone
All of the new Verizon iPhone 4 owners who are looking for apps to install on their shiny new devices can add Skype to the list. The free Skype app has been updated today so that it functions properly on the Verizon iPhone, and the update also adds support for the H.264 codec. This support is crucial to allowing Skype users to call from their iOS devices to more Skype-enabled devices, including new TVs from Panasonic and Samsung.
Of course, now that you're on the "Can You Hear Me Now?™" network, you shouldn't need to resort to Skype for your calls, should you?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature