Skype updates iOS app for Verizon iPhone
All of the new Verizon iPhone 4 owners who are looking for apps to install on their shiny new devices can add Skype to the list. The free Skype app has been updated today so that it functions properly on the Verizon iPhone, and the update also adds support for the H.264 codec. This support is crucial to allowing Skype users to call from their iOS devices to more Skype-enabled devices, including new TVs from Panasonic and Samsung.
Of course, now that you're on the "Can You Hear Me Now?™" network, you shouldn't need to resort to Skype for your calls, should you?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter