The Daily trial extended to the end of February
Several TUAW readers have noticed that the trial version of The Daily has been extended through February 28. When the app debuted on February 2, Verizon announced that it was sponsoring a two-week free trial. This also brought forth the rumor of the public release of iOS 4.3 within that time frame. It's been nearly two weeks, but it hasn't happened.
So, why has the trial been extended? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below. I think it has less to do with the public release of iOS 4.3 and more with the fact that so many people are becoming disenchanted with The Daily that the publishers want more of a chance to prove themselves before people delete it -- and the potential revenue -- off their iPads completely.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV