Verizon refreshes FiOS app, launches free iPhone program
Verizon updated its FiOS DVR manager for the iPhone, an application that lets you use your handset as a remote control for your FiOS television service and its DVR. In a fun feature, FiOS users with a penchant for taking photos with their iPhone can also easily flick their photos and watch them on their TV. The latest update was rolled out today and added support for multiple DVRs, a landscape view for the Guide and the ability to change the name of your set-top boxes.
To celebrate the launch of the iPhone, Verizon is offering a sweet discount for those who purchase a triple or quad play bundle that includes FiOS TV, High-speed internet service, home phone service or Verizon Wireless calling. The discount provides new customers with a $200 rewards card that can be applied towards the purchase of a Verizon iPhone 4 as well as a monthly discount on FiOS service that can total as much as $20 per month. Verizon also debuted a new ad that showcases the benefits of combining FiOS TV with the advanced capabilities of the iPhone. Check out the ad after the break.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service