Twitter website adds inline App Store previews
Macgasm brings us word that Twitter has expanded the in-page previews on its website to include iOS App Store app details. Although originally designed to do inline previews of made-for-Twitter image services like yfrog and TwitPic, Twitter has been expanding the concept in recent months; it now includes Flickr images, YouTube videos and images from the insanely popular Instagram service.
The preview for the App Store is quite detailed; as you can see, it includes the app icon, description and screenshot. If you haven't disabled iTunes opening automatically for web previews already, this might help prevent those annoying and unwanted "Aargh! Why is iTunes open now?" moments.
Two notes about this feature: you'll only see the thumbnails on the "new Twitter" web interface. They don't work on the old site, nor do they work in any Twitter clients -- including the official ones for Mac OS X and iPad. Secondly, the previews seem to be only for iOS apps; for whatever reason, Mac App Store links don't preview.
Macgasm brings us word that Twitter has expanded the in-page previews on its website to include iOS App Store app details. Although...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free