Apple appears to be working on longer life batteries
Hallelujah! Who hasn't warily watched an iPhone, laptop or iPad battery indicator slowly fading into oblivion? It looks like Apple is doing research into techniques that would keep lithium batteries running longer without making them larger.
AppleInsider found an Apple patent filing called "Increasing Energy Density in Rechargeable Lithium Battery Cells," that uses a method called "multi-step constant-current constant-voltage (CC-CV) charging technique." Sounds good to me if it works. Apple believes such a space saving battery could allow for more features in portable devices or better capacity.
The patents also describe new charging methods that would minimize the degrading of battery output over time. Maybe Apple will produce some kind of flux capacitor. I'd really like one of those. Anyway, kudos to Apple if it pulls this off. No one will complain about more battery power and increased battery longevity.
Hallelujah! Who hasn't warily watched an iPhone, laptop or iPad battery indicator slowly fading into oblivion? It looks like Apple is doing...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time