Apple beats Kindle for e-books in the UK
An interesting post over at GigaOM is shedding light on the unanswered question: is the iPad or the Kindle pulling ahead in the race to provide e-books to customers? Citing Jo Henry, the managing director of Book Marketing Ltd, the answer seems to clearly be Apple, at least in the United Kingdom.
The data collected by Book Marketing and its parent companies indicates that there are more e-books read in the UK on the iPad and the iPhone each than read on the Kindle. The same is not true in the US, where Kindle is solidly beating out the iPad and iPhone, even combined. Don't worry though; the same study shows that the iOS devices are gaining ground. It could be a much different story in a year.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free