Report: iAds surging against Android
In a new study from Medialets, Apple has grabbed the lead in mobile ad share from Android. There have been concerns that the Apple iOS ad system was faltering, but it seems to be getting a strong footing, at least for now.
Most of the Apple gains are on the iPhone and the iPod touch, but the iPad share is starting to move as well. On the Android side, 35 percent of ad traffic comes from 3 phones, the Motorola Droid, the HTC Evo 4G and the Motorola Droid X.
The Medialets report speculates that big holiday sales of iOS devices pushed the Apple share to this higher mark. Apple iOS devices had been trailing Android mobile ad share from September through December. How is this data gathered? It comes from the premium apps that have integrated Medialets rich media ad platform for mobile into their iPhone, iPad and Android apps. Medialets, launched in 2008, enables advertising for premium apps including CNN, Fandango, The New York Times, Pandora and The Weather Channel.
In a new study from Medialets, Apple has grabbed the lead in mobile ad share from Android. There have been concerns that the Apple iOS ad...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved