Official Minecraft app, Final Fantasy 3 coming to iPhone and iPad
Two pieces of good news for iOS gamers. First up, we've seen an unofficial Minecraft app appear (and disappear) on the App Store before, but it looks like an official client is coming. Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson says that an official iOS client for the popular sandbox game will be out later this year. It won't bring in all of the features of the full version (which you can play as a beta for free, or buy to experience the full thing), but especially because it's official, it should be more than adequate to take care of your Minecraft fix while out and about.
Square Enix has also announced that Final Fantasy 3 will be arriving on iOS very soon. The company has already released the first two games in the series on Apple's platform, and now the third will be out as well. Note that this is the Japanese Final Fantasy 3 -- this is the one that wasn't released in the US until recently on the Nintendo DS. I'll be waiting for my favorite iteration of the series, which is actually Final Fantasy 6 (though it was released in the US as Final Fantasy 3); it features classic characters like Kefka and that amazing opera scene. But this one should be good, too, especially since most US gamers probably haven't played it yet.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature