Digital Chocolate picks up $12 million in funding round, mostly from Intel
Digital Chocolate is one of the biggest iPhone developers that no one talks about much, but maybe that'll change now that the company has picked up a whopping $12 million in venture capital. The company behind a huge amount of iOS titles of all kinds (with more than 100 million mobile downloads total) has raised a total of $54 million so far, and most of this latest round of funding came from Intel, along with a few other venture capital firms.
Digital Chocolate seems like a rarity among many App Store developers. While much of the movement on the App Store has been hit-driven, Digital Chocolate instead uses a shotgun approach, delivering lots of different apps that reach their audiences in a variety of different ways. Not all companies can pull a strategy like that off, but whatever Digital Chocolate is doing obviously seems to be working.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options