Digital Chocolate picks up $12 million in funding round, mostly from Intel
Digital Chocolate is one of the biggest iPhone developers that no one talks about much, but maybe that'll change now that the company has picked up a whopping $12 million in venture capital. The company behind a huge amount of iOS titles of all kinds (with more than 100 million mobile downloads total) has raised a total of $54 million so far, and most of this latest round of funding came from Intel, along with a few other venture capital firms.
Digital Chocolate seems like a rarity among many App Store developers. While much of the movement on the App Store has been hit-driven, Digital Chocolate instead uses a shotgun approach, delivering lots of different apps that reach their audiences in a variety of different ways. Not all companies can pull a strategy like that off, but whatever Digital Chocolate is doing obviously seems to be working.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements