iPad 2 cameras set for FaceTime
Now that the new iPad is confirmed to have both a front- and a rear-facing camera, the iPad joins the iPhone, iPod touch and Mac as a FaceTime-capable device.
The new iPad front-facing camera features VGA quality video at 30 frames per second, which is the main camera people will use during FaceTime chats, but presumably the iPad 2 FaceTime program, like the iPhone 4 FaceTime, will support camera rotation. The rear camera on the iPad features HD-quality video at 720p resolution.
No word on whether a Windows version of desktop FaceTime is in the works.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time