iPad 2 cameras set for FaceTime
Now that the new iPad is confirmed to have both a front- and a rear-facing camera, the iPad joins the iPhone, iPod touch and Mac as a FaceTime-capable device.
The new iPad front-facing camera features VGA quality video at 30 frames per second, which is the main camera people will use during FaceTime chats, but presumably the iPad 2 FaceTime program, like the iPhone 4 FaceTime, will support camera rotation. The rear camera on the iPad features HD-quality video at 720p resolution.
No word on whether a Windows version of desktop FaceTime is in the works.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync