AT&T intros new postpaid plans for the iPad 2 and other tablets
AT&T introduced two new postpaid plans for tablets, a category that includes the upcoming iPad 2. Unlike prepaid plans, which require customers to buy data allotments upfront, these new plans can be added to a customer's current monthly cellular bill. This new postpaid option is month-to-month and does not require a long-term commitment.
Pricing for the postpaid plans mirror the prepaid plans with a $14.99 plan that provides 250 MB of data or a $25 plan with 2 GB of data. Overages on the new postpaid plans will be charged at a rate of $10 per 1 GB of overage. This is slightly less than the prepaid plans, which charge customers $25 for an additional 2 GB of usage. These new plans give customers the freedom to choose how they would like to be billed for data to be used with their shiny new 3G iPad 2.
As a benefit for early adopters of the iPad 2, AT&T is offering a limited-time promotion that provides one free month of service for those that sign up for the new $25/2 GB plan.
AT&T introduced two new postpaid plans for tablets, a category that includes the upcoming iPad 2. Unlike prepaid plans, which...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free