March Madness to stream to the iPad and iPhone for free
CBS, Turner Sports and the NCAA announced this week that streaming content from the March Madness basketball tournament will be made available to iOS users for free. In the past, CBS has streamed the content for free over the internet and to iPhone owners via a paid application. Last year, the iPhone March Madness On demand application cost sport fans $10. An iPad version was not available as the iPad was not yet on sale.
With the subsequent debut and explosion of the iPad, the trio of companies coordinating the March Madness broadcast have decided to extend their reach to Apple's popular tablet. They also dropped the $10 price tag and made the app available for free. The tournament will kick off March 15, and the iOS app will be made available soon (watch here for updates). I know I will be watching on my iPad, anyone going to join me?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs