March Madness to stream to the iPad and iPhone for free
CBS, Turner Sports and the NCAA announced this week that streaming content from the March Madness basketball tournament will be made available to iOS users for free. In the past, CBS has streamed the content for free over the internet and to iPhone owners via a paid application. Last year, the iPhone March Madness On demand application cost sport fans $10. An iPad version was not available as the iPad was not yet on sale.
With the subsequent debut and explosion of the iPad, the trio of companies coordinating the March Madness broadcast have decided to extend their reach to Apple's popular tablet. They also dropped the $10 price tag and made the app available for free. The tournament will kick off March 15, and the iOS app will be made available soon (watch here for updates). I know I will be watching on my iPad, anyone going to join me?
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter