Pioneer receiver to gain AirPlay support
The receivers will have two different iOS apps included with the purchase. iControlAV2 will allow the user to remote control a home theater setup from an iOS device, and Air Jam will create play lists from up to four different iOS devices.
The biggest part of the news, though, is that the high end models will include direct support for AirPlay. This feature allows you to connect to the AC receiver wirelessly with your iOS device, and stream music directly to your home theater setup. While AirPlay obviously already exists, there isn't a wide range of home theater devices already using it. AirPlay will only be available on the higher end Pioneer receiver, but that's a step in the right direction.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)