Rumor: Apple to hold iOS 5 and MobileMe media event in April
German Apple site Macerkopf.de is claiming via a "trusted source" that Apple is set to hold a media event sometime during the first two weeks of April in which Apple will preview iOS 5 and also launch a revamped MobileMe service. The site offers no details on the features of iOS 5 or what the MobileMe revamp might entail, but it is not unreasonable to assume Apple would be holding such an event in the near future to prep developers for the next release of iOS, which presumably will be released with the iPhone 5 in the summer.
For those of you wondering if you should wait until the release of iOS 5 to buy a new iPad 2, which ships this Friday, don't bother. Apple has stated in the past that all iPad owners are entitled to one free iOS upgrade. It will, however, be interesting to see whether Apple plans to charge original iPad owners (who already got their free upgrade with iOS 4.2) for the iOS 5 upgrade.
Macerkopf.de's original posting about the iOS 5 event can be read in English (via Google Translate) here.
German Apple site Macerkopf.de is claiming via a "trusted source" that Apple is set to hold a media event sometime during the first two...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free