Rumor: Apple to hold iOS 5 and MobileMe media event in April
German Apple site Macerkopf.de is claiming via a "trusted source" that Apple is set to hold a media event sometime during the first two weeks of April in which Apple will preview iOS 5 and also launch a revamped MobileMe service. The site offers no details on the features of iOS 5 or what the MobileMe revamp might entail, but it is not unreasonable to assume Apple would be holding such an event in the near future to prep developers for the next release of iOS, which presumably will be released with the iPhone 5 in the summer.
For those of you wondering if you should wait until the release of iOS 5 to buy a new iPad 2, which ships this Friday, don't bother. Apple has stated in the past that all iPad owners are entitled to one free iOS upgrade. It will, however, be interesting to see whether Apple plans to charge original iPad owners (who already got their free upgrade with iOS 4.2) for the iOS 5 upgrade.
Macerkopf.de's original posting about the iOS 5 event can be read in English (via Google Translate) here.
German Apple site Macerkopf.de is claiming via a "trusted source" that Apple is set to hold a media event sometime during the first two...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time