Best iPhone Photos: Monument Valley with Pro HDR
It's a landscape burned into the American historical consciousness. Utah's surreal and beautiful Monument Valley has served as a backdrop for countless Hollywood westerns. Now, our roving reporter and avid photographer Mel Martin has captured the vista right before sunset using his iPhone 4 and the Pro HDR application from EyeApps. Click the image for the full-res version.
This is a perfect example of the great work iPhone photographers are doing in the field, and it certainly passes the jawdrop test: anyone seeing it is likely to exclaim, "Wait, you took that picture with a cell phone?"
(By the way, Mel notes that this particular shot was taken without a tripod.)
Read on for another image of "The Mittens," iconic stone features of the desert, and a dawn landscape.
Monument Valley at dawn:
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature