Google brings Instant Previews to iOS 4.0+
Google announced on Tuesday that it added Instant Previews to its mobile search results. Originally a desktop feature, Instant Previews provides users with a glimpse of a website within the search results. It is extremely useful as it lets you see a page from a website without navigating to the site. You can use this feature to separate the wheat from the chaff without clicking on multiple links.
The desktop version display the previews within the search page, but the mobile implementation takes a different approach. Rather than cram all the info on the search results page, Google has added a magnifying glass next to each search result. Clicking on the magnifying glass pops open a light-box style preview window that lets you view a snapshot of each result. You can swipe through these previews and click on the site you want to visit directly from this preview window. You can test this feature out for yourself using your mobile browser or watch it in action thanks to a Google-produced video available after the break.
Instant Previews is compatible with Android 2.2+ handsets and iOS devices running iOS 4.0 or greater.
Google announced on Tuesday that it added Instant Previews to its mobile search results. Originally a desktop feature, Instant...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs