White iPhone 4 available in April?
After a delay of almost one year, people will soon be able to get their hands on the white iPhone 4, according to Concord Securities Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo. Kuo told AppleInsider that Apple will begin production of the white iPhone 4 en masse this month with a scheduled early-April ship date.
After a long series of problems and delays with the white paint used on the iPhone 4 in 2010, Apple went back to the drawing board and partnered with a Japanese manufacturer to create a new type of paint that allowed for greater control of the thickness of it when applied to a material.
While analyst-generated rumors often fall short, Kuo's assertion of the white iPhone 4 seems to be believable as Apple has previously said the white iPhone 4 will finally ship in the spring of 2011 and the fact that Apple is shipping white iPad 2s starting on Friday.
Kuo notes that the white iPhone 4 April ship date only applies to GSM iPhones (or AT&T ones if you are in the US). Kou had no word on when the white CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4 would ship.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter