Apple has set up a temporary Apple Store in Austin, TX for SXSW
Apple is leasing retail space in downtown Austin for the upcoming South by Southwest conference. The temporary retail store will be located at Sixth and Congress Street and preparations are under way for a Friday opening. This debut coincides with the launch of the iPad 2 and the SXSW conference which begins March 11. The space is quite close to the downtown Austin Convention Center -- handy if you are attending SXSW and want to get an iPad 2 without using a car or taxi.
Rance Wilemon, a partner of Plat.Form Real Estate which is leasing the space to Apple, suggests this opening is not meant to test the market in downtown Austin, but is a way for Apple to participate in the popular SXSW conference. Apple already owns and operates two full retail stores in Austin, one in the Barton Creek Square mall in southwest Austin and one at the Domain in north Austin. The company has no plans to open a third store in the immediate future.
We will be on hand for the SXSW conference and will snag some pictures as well as take a stroll through this temporary store.
Apple is leasing retail space in downtown Austin for the upcoming South by Southwest conference. The temporary retail store will be...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs