iFixit tears down iPad 2
We love the iFixit team and their singleminded dedication to getting their mitts on the latest, greatest Apple gear -- just so they can take it all to pieces. Tonight's piece de disassemblement is, of course, the iPad 2; you can see their complete takeapart here.
Not too many surprises in the new build, although now the front panel is glued to the case (on the original iPad, it was clipped in), making it harder to disassemble. The new bits of hardware (cameras and gyroscope, along with the magnets and sensor for the Smart Cover) were all identified, cataloged and photographed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options