iFixit tears down iPad 2
We love the iFixit team and their singleminded dedication to getting their mitts on the latest, greatest Apple gear -- just so they can take it all to pieces. Tonight's piece de disassemblement is, of course, the iPad 2; you can see their complete takeapart here.
Not too many surprises in the new build, although now the front panel is glued to the case (on the original iPad, it was clipped in), making it harder to disassemble. The new bits of hardware (cameras and gyroscope, along with the magnets and sensor for the Smart Cover) were all identified, cataloged and photographed.
We love the iFixit team and their singleminded dedication to getting their mitts on the latest, greatest Apple gear -- just so they...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- IFTTT adds a location channel to its iOS App
- Plants vs. Zombies 2 gets upgraded map, more 'cool' stuff
- Remote Desktop update brings OS X Mavericks support and improved multi-display support
- Valve revamps Steam Mobile for iOS
- Google Drive iOS app finally lets you sort items and find and replace in documents
- Viber announces Viber Out calls for iOS, goes head to head with Skype