iFixit tears down iPad 2
We love the iFixit team and their singleminded dedication to getting their mitts on the latest, greatest Apple gear -- just so they can take it all to pieces. Tonight's piece de disassemblement is, of course, the iPad 2; you can see their complete takeapart here.
Not too many surprises in the new build, although now the front panel is glued to the case (on the original iPad, it was clipped in), making it harder to disassemble. The new bits of hardware (cameras and gyroscope, along with the magnets and sensor for the Smart Cover) were all identified, cataloged and photographed.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter