Pimp Your Screen does just that
If you want some eye catching customization for your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, Pimp Your Screen may be just the utility you want. It's US$0.99 and is basically a large collection of background images and app shelves to give your iDevice a unique look.
Most of the background images are anything but subtle, but that will be the appeal to many. Resolutions are available to match the Retina Display on the iPhone 4, and more standard resolutions for older Apple mobile products. Many of the images are available in portrait or landscape mode for the iPad screen.
Of course, it's pretty easy to find background images on the web at no cost. In my own case, I use my favorite landscape photos for both the home and lock screen, but I will say the images on this app are unique and well produced. If you don't want to bother finding these kinds of images on your own, and you like to get a fresh look on your iPhone or iPad on a regular basis, Pimp Your Screen is a small and worthwhile investment. See the gallery for some example screen shots with and without icons.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter