AT&T offering free month of iPad data service
Have a new iPad 2, or even one of those dusty, slow and fingerprint-smeared original iPads? If you have the AT&T 3G model, the mobile carrier wants you to try out "the Nation's Fastest Mobile Broadband Network" for free for one month.
According to an email making the rounds to AT&T customers, you can get a free month on the iPad 2 GB data plan (normally US$25). There's no commitment, early termination fee or activation fees associated with the offer.
To take advantage of the offer, you just need to contact AT&T at 1-888-237-5888 or visit an AT&T Store. You cannot access the offer through on-iPad activation.
To avoid being charged $25 monthly after your free month of service is up, you just need to cancel the service prior to 30 days after activation or before you use 2 GB of data. That can be done through the AT&T My Wireless Account web page, visiting an AT&T Store or calling the toll-free number listed above.
Free is a good thing. If you have a 3G GSM iPad that isn't currently using an AT&T data plan, this is your opportunity to take advantage of at least one month of service at no cost.
Thanks to @clayrun for the tip!
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter