iPad 2 shipping times slip again -- this time to 4-5 weeks
Well, the news just keeps getting worse for those hoping to get their hands on the hottest device on the planet. A check of Apple's Online Store reveals that iPad 2 ship times for new orders have slipped to 4-5 weeks for most models. This is the third major push back in new order shipping times since the iPad went on sale on March 11.
Keep in mind, if you ordered the iPad 2 when the shipping time was 2-3 weeks, you should still receive your orders within that time (same goes for you 3-4 week people). The new shipping estimates are for those who place their iPad 2 orders today or later.
Demand for the iPad 2 has blown past almost every analyst's expectations. While Apple has not officially announced an exact number of iPad 2s sold, an Apple spokesperson did say that demand for the iPad 2 "has been amazing."
Well, the news just keeps getting worse for those hoping to get their hands on the hottest device on the planet. A check of Apple's...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs