iPad 2 shipping times slip again -- this time to 4-5 weeks
Well, the news just keeps getting worse for those hoping to get their hands on the hottest device on the planet. A check of Apple's Online Store reveals that iPad 2 ship times for new orders have slipped to 4-5 weeks for most models. This is the third major push back in new order shipping times since the iPad went on sale on March 11.
Keep in mind, if you ordered the iPad 2 when the shipping time was 2-3 weeks, you should still receive your orders within that time (same goes for you 3-4 week people). The new shipping estimates are for those who place their iPad 2 orders today or later.
Demand for the iPad 2 has blown past almost every analyst's expectations. While Apple has not officially announced an exact number of iPad 2s sold, an Apple spokesperson did say that demand for the iPad 2 "has been amazing."
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter