'iPhone 5' cases show not much will change from iPhone 4
Hardmac has released a photo from a case manufacturer who claims the case is for the forthcoming iPhone 5. In contrast to an earlier report that the iPhone 5 would see a significant external redesign, the case design shows a design nearly identical to the current iPhone 4. Hardmac claims its source is reliable, and while case manufacturers' leaks weren't necessarily an accurate barometer of possible product design in the distant past, the leaked cases for the iPad 2 were quite accurate depictions of its final form.
Taken together with supposedly leaked engineering diagrams and a video from a few months back claiming to show the iPhone 5's antenna (which was virtually identical to the Verizon iPhone's redesigned antenna, except for the inclusion of a SIM slot... hmmm), these rumors are painting a picture of an iPhone 5 that's externally similar in most respects to the current iPhone 4. In all honesty, I think this is what virtually everyone is expecting from the iPhone 5; the external design barely changed at all between the iPhone 3G and 3GS, and despite widespread FUD about the iPhone 4's antenna (later moderated via objective analysis), it's unlikely that Apple will switch up the design significantly for the next generation iPhone.
If Apple follows its yearly pattern, the iPhone 5 will debut in either June or July of this year.
[via Mac Rumors]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free