Cut the Rope wins at BAFTAs
Cut the Rope is still one of my favorite games on the App Store, and apparently the folks at the British Academy of Film and Television agree -- they've honored the game as the Best Handheld Game of 2010. It's actually quite an honor for Chillingo and developer ZeptoLab, as the game beat out presumably much bigger budgeted titles for the Nintendo DS and PSP, including the very big studio title God of War: Ghost of Sparta. It's definitely a nice indicator for the mobile gaming business that iOS and its associated developers have made a huge splash in the industry lately.
The BAFTAs are like the British Oscars, only our friends across the pond also honor video games and interactive entertainment. Here are all of the video game nominees and winners. Cut the Rope is the only one I recognize as an iOS-only title, though there are a few cross-platform titles on the list that made it as well. Congrats to Chillingo and ZeptoLab on the win.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements