Foxconn owner reports revenue up thanks to iPad 2, other devices
Hon Hai Precision, the parent company of Foxconn, recorded an impressive revenue increase in its latest earnings report thanks to the iPad 2, the original iPad and the Kinect. According to the Taiwan Economic News, the manufacturing company reported revenue of NT$152.878 billion (about US$5.2 billion) in February 2011, up 25.81 percent year over year. This increase in revenue may offset some concerns over the slowed growth of the company.
The iPad 2 has been immensely successful since its debut last week. Long lines characterized the launch, and Apple sold an estimated half million devices in the first weekend of sales. The iPad 2 is difficult to find in retail stores here in the US, and its online ship date is pushed out 4-5 weeks.
[Via Boy Genius Report]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update
- Today in the App Store -- the best free apps, new apps and app updates