Foxconn owner reports revenue up thanks to iPad 2, other devices
Hon Hai Precision, the parent company of Foxconn, recorded an impressive revenue increase in its latest earnings report thanks to the iPad 2, the original iPad and the Kinect. According to the Taiwan Economic News, the manufacturing company reported revenue of NT$152.878 billion (about US$5.2 billion) in February 2011, up 25.81 percent year over year. This increase in revenue may offset some concerns over the slowed growth of the company.
The iPad 2 has been immensely successful since its debut last week. Long lines characterized the launch, and Apple sold an estimated half million devices in the first weekend of sales. The iPad 2 is difficult to find in retail stores here in the US, and its online ship date is pushed out 4-5 weeks.
[Via Boy Genius Report]
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter