Google TV remote out now for iOS
Google has released its Google TV remote app for iOS, and it's available on the App Store right now. Before you run to pick it up and start flipping channels, however, keep in mind that this is meant only for Google TV-enabled devices, so unless you have the right box on your network already, it's not going to do anything for you.
If you do have a Google TV box set up, however, the app will do a whole lot of fun things for you, from switching channels to accessing your favorite shows with voice control and even using the iPhone's screen as an interface to drive the on-screen pointer for Google TV.
Good on Google for bringing this app to iOS.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options