Updated IMDB app gains AirPlay support for trailers
Although third-party AirPlay support debuted as part of the recent 4.3, apps that offer that support are now trickling in. AirPlay allows you to beam video from your iOS device to an Apple TV or to a third-party application, like Banana TV, without cables. The newly updated IMDB application (version 2.1) offers Watchlist (a way to keep track of movies that you want to watch), enhanced showtimes and ticket purchasing, and AirPlay support for trailers.
Unfortunately, you cannot use the new AirPlay features to watch Hulu or Amazon Instant Video the way that you can on desktop browsers.
Update: Looks like the Fandango app also supports AirPlay for trailers. Neato!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter