iPad 2 buyers already lining up in Munich
It's good to see that we wacky Americans aren't the only people who start camping out in lines to buy Apple toys.
iFun.de posted the above photo of the short, but early, line at the Rosenstrasse Apple Store in Munich, Germany. That photo was taken 26 hours before the iPad 2 actually goes on sale at 17:00 local time in Munich. As with the US stores two weeks ago, Apple Stores around the world will close their doors two hours before 5 PM local time in order to put up the new iPad displays and give employees a chance to play with the new device prior to the crazy rush.
If you're sitting or standing in line for an iPad 2 at an Apple Store sometime in the next 24 hours or so, be sure to send us a photo, and we'll do a roundup of the worldwide excitement surrounding the release of the iPad 2 in 25 countries.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app