Flex testing iPad glass
The folks at iFixYouri had some glass panels from an iPad 1 and an iPad 2 laying around the shop and did some informal tests to see which panel would break under stress. An earlier analysis by iFixit revealed the glass in the iPad 2 was 27% thinner than the iPad 1. The California repair company questioned whether this would affect the durability of the iPad 2's display. Boston repair shop iFixYouri tries to answer this question in a video that features extreme bending, breaking glass and a catchy soundtrack.
Read on to watch the iFixYouri video and let us know in the comments which display you think holds up better under pressure. Hint: bigger isn't always better.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature