iPad 2 international lines now in full swing
The retail launch of the iPad 2 in countries around the world is fast approaching (or already underway, depending on where you are), and lines are in full swing. For those keeping track, the iPad 2 will launch today, March 25, in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the UK at 5 PM local time.
Similar to the US launch, the international lines for the iPad 2 are long, with many folks reporting hundreds of people in line. According to Rob Edwards, one Sydney store reportedly has 400-500 people waiting for an iPad 2. Germany is also reporting long lines with nearly 800 people lined up in Munich and Oberhausen. We have canvassed our readers and scoured Twitter to give you glimpse of the excitement. Check out our gallery below to see what is happening across the globe. We will update our gallery with fresh images as the rollout begins in Europe, Canada and Mexico.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync