New iPhone ad features Game Center
Apple released another "If you don't have an iPhone" advertisement that promotes Game Center on the iOS platform. The short, but sweet video introduces the iPhone as the smartphone with the largest number of games and a built-in social network for gaming. Introduced with iOS 4.0, Game Center sets Apple apart from its competition. The closest competitor to Game Center is the Xbox Live integration on Windows Phone 7. The Xbox Live hub lets Windows Phone users link their phone to their gamer tag and play mobile-enabled Xbox Live games on their handset.
As was the case with the previous advertisements, the semi-smug presentation will undoubtedly raise the ire of Android and BlackBerry users whose mobile operating systems can't quite compete in the gaming arena. Read on to watch the video and leave your thoughts in the comments. In what may be a mistake, Apple has enabled comments on this YouTube video so feel free to chime in there, too.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)