Dungeon Fighter Online comes to iOS in a Slayer Edition
Hot on the heels of its success with Kart Rider Rush, Nexon has brought another one of its free-to-play MMO titles to iOS. Dungeon Fighter Online is one of the most popular titles in the lineup, save for another game called MapleStory. Dungeon Fighter Online is a free-to-play 2D action RPG that came to North America on the PC last year, and now it's out on the iPhone as Dungeon Fighter Slayer Edition, a version that seems to be a more offline-centric setup of the popular MMORPG. Just like the original game, the action is in 2D and fast and furious, but this version costs US$4.99 outright. While there is Game Center integration, it's not clear how this ties into the PC MMO, if at all.
Unfortunately, the reviews on iTunes aren't great. The game currently carries a 2-star rating, so it doesn't seem like Nexon has been able to bring over what made the original version of the game so popular. There are in-app purchases in the game for expanding your inventory and some extra in-game cash, but it's interesting that the company chose not to try for the full MMO experience, especially when games like Pocket Legends have proved that it does work.
We'll have to see how the game goes as it moves forward. Nexon undoubtedly has even more plans for the App Store, but this may be one title that doesn't pan out.
Update: Apparently the game's been pulled -- it's no longer on the US App Store. Maybe after the slow reception, Nexon has headed back to the drawing board
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync