President Obama finally owns an iPad
Last November President Obama saw Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva using an iPad while at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders' retreat in Yokohama, Japan. After a brief exchange about the iPad versus lugging around books, it appears the President was swayed.
Maybe it's the fact that the iPad 2 has just come out, or maybe it's because Obama and Steve Jobs had dinner together, and Steve pitched Obama hard, but now the President has told reporters that he does own an actual iPad.
Speaking at a town hall in Washington, DC today, President Obama was asked by news anchor Jorge Ramos if he owns an iPad, to which Obama replied, "I do have an iPad." The President then went on to joke, "I mean, Jorge, I'm the President of the United States. You think I've got to go borrow somebody's computer? Hey, man, can I borrow your computer? How about you? You've got one?"
There's no word on which iPad Obama owns, but it's probably a safe bet that he didn't have to stand in line with the thousands of others on launch day.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration