President Obama finally owns an iPad
Last November President Obama saw Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva using an iPad while at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders' retreat in Yokohama, Japan. After a brief exchange about the iPad versus lugging around books, it appears the President was swayed.
Maybe it's the fact that the iPad 2 has just come out, or maybe it's because Obama and Steve Jobs had dinner together, and Steve pitched Obama hard, but now the President has told reporters that he does own an actual iPad.
Speaking at a town hall in Washington, DC today, President Obama was asked by news anchor Jorge Ramos if he owns an iPad, to which Obama replied, "I do have an iPad." The President then went on to joke, "I mean, Jorge, I'm the President of the United States. You think I've got to go borrow somebody's computer? Hey, man, can I borrow your computer? How about you? You've got one?"
There's no word on which iPad Obama owns, but it's probably a safe bet that he didn't have to stand in line with the thousands of others on launch day.
Last November President Obama saw Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva using an iPad while at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free