President Obama finally owns an iPad
Last November President Obama saw Thai Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva using an iPad while at the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) leaders' retreat in Yokohama, Japan. After a brief exchange about the iPad versus lugging around books, it appears the President was swayed.
Maybe it's the fact that the iPad 2 has just come out, or maybe it's because Obama and Steve Jobs had dinner together, and Steve pitched Obama hard, but now the President has told reporters that he does own an actual iPad.
Speaking at a town hall in Washington, DC today, President Obama was asked by news anchor Jorge Ramos if he owns an iPad, to which Obama replied, "I do have an iPad." The President then went on to joke, "I mean, Jorge, I'm the President of the United States. You think I've got to go borrow somebody's computer? Hey, man, can I borrow your computer? How about you? You've got one?"
There's no word on which iPad Obama owns, but it's probably a safe bet that he didn't have to stand in line with the thousands of others on launch day.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app