Zapd allows website creation from iPhone sans social networking
Inkd, the startup formerly known as PressPlane, launched Zapd over the weekend. It's a free iOS app that allows you to create and publish websites from your iPhone. "Create beautiful websites. In 60 seconds." the makers of Zapd vow, combining photos with premade layouts to create instant sites, ala Tumblr. Think iWeb for your iPhone.
After launching the app, you're presented with a number of layouts that remind me of various Tumblr sites. You can tap on a text, photo or link widget to add content. Before you publish, you can either sign up for your own Zapd account or link it with your Facebook account. From there, you can preview your site or publish it, sending post announcements to Facebook, Twitter and email at the same time.
Zapd doesn't have the social networking aspects of Tumblr, which makes it a good alternative for someone who wants to make a quick website for sharing with a few people. Though it's geared for iPhone users, those with an iPad 2 can also take advantage of the photo features. It's simple enough that those less tech-savvy members of your family can use it without confusion to make a nice-looking mobile photo album or travel journal.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs