Zapd allows website creation from iPhone sans social networking
Inkd, the startup formerly known as PressPlane, launched Zapd over the weekend. It's a free iOS app that allows you to create and publish websites from your iPhone. "Create beautiful websites. In 60 seconds." the makers of Zapd vow, combining photos with premade layouts to create instant sites, ala Tumblr. Think iWeb for your iPhone.
After launching the app, you're presented with a number of layouts that remind me of various Tumblr sites. You can tap on a text, photo or link widget to add content. Before you publish, you can either sign up for your own Zapd account or link it with your Facebook account. From there, you can preview your site or publish it, sending post announcements to Facebook, Twitter and email at the same time.
Zapd doesn't have the social networking aspects of Tumblr, which makes it a good alternative for someone who wants to make a quick website for sharing with a few people. Though it's geared for iPhone users, those with an iPad 2 can also take advantage of the photo features. It's simple enough that those less tech-savvy members of your family can use it without confusion to make a nice-looking mobile photo album or travel journal.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter