TUAW's Daily App: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Along with the console versions released recently, EA has also dropped an iOS version of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12, featuring the latest and greatest in golf simulation for the iPhone and iPad. As much as other developers may rail against EA on the App Store, there's almost never a question of quality, and this app is no exception. This is a quality golf game that does a great job of replicating a lot of the features of the popular console series, like the controls (yes, you can spin the ball in the air, which may turn some hardcore golfers off, but you don't have to). There's a checklist of pro golfers to play as and against, and eight official courses like the classic St. Andrews and TPC Sawgrass.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 has four different modes to play through, from straightforward solo games to a full PGA Tour mode; mini-games and a "Closest to the Pin" social challenge mix things up quite a bit as well. The one real glaring omission in terms of features is Game Center integration, but EA's eschewed Game Center lately -- hopefully that's not a growing trend.
At any rate, if you like golf and iOS gaming, you'll enjoy this one. It's currently US$6.99 on the iPhone and $9.99 on the iPad, but there is a free version to try out on the iPhone. If you think the prices on this or any other EA app are too high, just wait until EA has yet another sale.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service