SmithBucklin distributes iPad 2s to employees
There was a time when if you saw an Apple product in a corporate environment, you were either hanging out with the company's designers or actually at Apple HQ itself. So it's great to see companies not only using Apple gear but using it to incentivize and reward its staff like SmithBucklin, the world's largest association management and professional services company, is doing.
It's giving its 600+ employees 32 GB Wi-Fi iPad 2s, plus $50 toward accessories "as a way to reward excellent staff performance, improve productivity and enhance the company's social media capabilities," according to the company. "Now that our company is entering a new growth phase, we wanted to do something special for our employees to thank them for staying the course as well as help them continue to embrace social networking," said SmithBucklin President and CEO Henry S. Givray.
You can apply for a job with SmithBucklin here -- note that you'll be able to upgrade your iPad 2 to 64 GB and Verizon or AT&T 3G service "for a nominal fee."
There was a time when if you saw an Apple product in a corporate environment, you were either hanging out with the company's designers...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update