MLB offers free MLB.tv trial during April for buying app
Baseball season started this week, and things are already off to a rip-roaring start, with the Yankees in first place. My Cubs are, well, losing as I write this (Dempster's grand slam on Friday didn't help my fantasy baseball team, either). We've already reported that the terrific MLB apps for iPhone and iPad have been updated this year, but now Major League Baseball is offering an even better deal: buying either of the apps for iPhone or iPad (or Android, if you happen to have that kind of phone) gets you a free MLB.tv trial through the month of April courtesy of automotive sponsor Volvo.
I like the MLB.tv service. I didn't go for it this year (at least, not yet), but I subscribed last year and really enjoyed watching my Cubs games out of market here in Los Angeles, as well as pulling up all of the HD game videos on my iPhone (and even the PS3). The only drawback of the service for most people is the price (it's at least US$99.99 for the entire year), so this trial is great. You basically get to watch a month of baseball games from all over the league for free.
If you haven't been sold on the apps yet, maybe this free trial of the TV service will change your mind. Speaking of the apps, you can definitely use them without the video service; you still get updated scores, standings and radio broadcasts without any extra subscription charge. You can find the MLB.com At Bat 11 apps on the App Store right now.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features