Facebook app is updated; now you can unfriend while mobile
Facebook has updated its popular iOS app today. The 3.4 version of the app adds several new features, the foremost of which lets you unfriend people right from your iPhone. Besides making it easier to get rid of those annoying "friends," the updated app also features a new map view for Places, the ability to check in to Events that you're attending, an improved News Feed and an improved notifications UI.
I was also going to include a screen shot of the new map view in Places, but as of the time of this writing, the Facebook app keeps crashing when I try to view the map.
For those of you holding out hope that each new Facebook app updated might bring universal compatibility to the app, you're going to have to hope a little longer as Facebook shows no signs of bringing an iPad app to market in the near future.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter