Google Books for iOS adds landscape reading, speed boost
Google Books for iOS was introduced late last year and opened the world of Google's 2 million digital books to iOS owners. The application competed with Apple's iBooks and Amazon's Kindle application, but it lacked the polish and finesse of these two applications.
This latest version released today kicks it up a notch by adding a landscape mode for e-book reading on your iPad and a find feature that shows specific keyword and phrase matches as you scroll through a book. Several bug fixes and enhancements include a nifty 3D page turning feature on the iPad and an new login feature that lets you easily download e-books using your Google account. The speed and performance of the overall application has been improved as well. The updated version of the application is available for free and can be downloaded now from the App Store.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)