Cover lens supply key for 2011 iPad 2 shipment goal
A report out of Digitimes suggests the supply of cover lenses for touch panel modules may influence Apple's future production rate of its popular iPad 2. Sales of the iPad 2 have exceeded expectation, and Apple reportedly shipped 2.4 to 2.5 million tablets in March alone. Conservative estimates predict Apple may ship over 4 million units per month in the upcoming financial quarter.
Asian supply sources hint that the ability of Apple to meet this growing demand for its popular tablet device hinges on the ability of manufacturers to produce this necessary lens component. Currently, Taiwan-based TPK Touch Solutions, G-Tech Optoelectronics and more are expanding their manufacturing capacity and ramping up production of these cover lenses. In the end, this component may not delay production of the iPad 2, but it does reveal the struggle parts manufacturers encounter when a new device taxes their production line.
A report out of Digitimes suggests the supply of cover lenses for touch panel modules may influence Apple's future production rate...
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Evernote introduces reminders to Mac, iOS apps
- Poser 10 and Poser Pro 2014 available, bringing new characters, physics and more
- Agile Partners releases Lick of the Day 2.0
- Google announces new Hangout app to hit iOS today
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements