Best Buy pulls ad that makes fun of iPad
Best Buy has quickly pulled an ad that mocked the iPad, according to SlashGear. The ad, which debuted on April 4, showed the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer tablet plus optional keyboard next to what appears to be an iPad duct taped to a keyboard.
Considering the iPad 2 is in all likelihood going to be the hottest tablet of the year by a long shot, one would think it obvious that it's probably not a good idea to make fun of it -- especially when you sell it. Then again, Best Buy is the same company that tries to sell PC "optimization" packages to gullible consumers. It's not clear whether Apple intervened in the pulling of the ad, but it was removed only a day later, and now even the cached version is gone.
Best Buy has quickly pulled an ad that mocked the iPad, according to SlashGear. The ad, which debuted on April 4, showed the ASUS Eee...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free