Best Buy pulls ad that makes fun of iPad
Best Buy has quickly pulled an ad that mocked the iPad, according to SlashGear. The ad, which debuted on April 4, showed the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer tablet plus optional keyboard next to what appears to be an iPad duct taped to a keyboard.
Considering the iPad 2 is in all likelihood going to be the hottest tablet of the year by a long shot, one would think it obvious that it's probably not a good idea to make fun of it -- especially when you sell it. Then again, Best Buy is the same company that tries to sell PC "optimization" packages to gullible consumers. It's not clear whether Apple intervened in the pulling of the ad, but it was removed only a day later, and now even the cached version is gone.
Best Buy has quickly pulled an ad that mocked the iPad, according to SlashGear. The ad, which debuted on April 4, showed the ASUS Eee...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Readdle rolls out PDF Expert 5: iCloud support, shared folder with Documents by Readdle
- FlightTrack 5: new look and features just in time for holiday travel
- HBO Go for iOS update adds Google Chromecast support
- Haiku Deck updates iPad app, launches web-based cloud version
- Weather Underground iPhone app gets crowdsourced weather, iOS 7 style
- Apple updates iMovie, adds support for older Macs