Best Buy pulls ad that makes fun of iPad
Best Buy has quickly pulled an ad that mocked the iPad, according to SlashGear. The ad, which debuted on April 4, showed the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer tablet plus optional keyboard next to what appears to be an iPad duct taped to a keyboard.
Considering the iPad 2 is in all likelihood going to be the hottest tablet of the year by a long shot, one would think it obvious that it's probably not a good idea to make fun of it -- especially when you sell it. Then again, Best Buy is the same company that tries to sell PC "optimization" packages to gullible consumers. It's not clear whether Apple intervened in the pulling of the ad, but it was removed only a day later, and now even the cached version is gone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Yahoo Mail improves email inbox searching with new filtering options
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV