Anomaly: Warzone Earth out now
I first previewed Anomaly: Warzone Earth back in January, and then saw the iOS version at GDC. It's an excellent real-time strategy game, kind of a reverse tower defense, where you need to escort a military convoy through an area full of enemy towers. I enjoyed the game when previewing it, and if it sounds like your cup of tea, the title is now out and available on Steam for both Mac and PC as well as the Mac App Store. It's usually $9.99, but there's a launch sale on for just $8.99 on Steam, so if you need a free-time filler this weekend for under ten bucks, give it a look.
The iOS version is still due out soon, and I really liked what I saw of the game on the iPad, though it's pretty different -- more of a fast-paced version than the deeper desktop client. It's supposed to be out by the end of the month, so we'll keep an eye out for that one as well.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daylite 5 adds refinements to the business management app
- 1Password 4.5 for iOS gains features, slims down
- IFTTT for iPad brings service/device mashups to your favorite tablet
- Daily App: Rormix brings indie music videos to your iPhone and iPad
- Pebble updates its iOS app with new apps, sharing options and v2.1 fix
- PSA: Pebble for iOS v.2.1 update contains critical flaw that breaks the app - Update