Bloomberg: White iPhone 4 to arrive by the end of April
For those of you waiting for the white iPhone 4 ever since Apple announced it almost ten months ago, your wait may soon be coming to an end. Bloomberg is citing "three people familiar with the plans" who say the white iPhone 4 will begin shipping in the next few weeks. The white iPhone will be available from both AT&T and Verizon.
The white iPhone was delayed a number of times because Apple was reportedly not happy with the quality of the paint. Apple even went so far as to go back to the drawing board and partner with a Japanese manufacturer to create a new type of paint that allowed for greater control of the thickness of it when applied to a material.
Bloomberg's sources echo what Apple's senior vice president of worldwide product marketing Phil Schiller said earlier this year -- that the white iPhone 4 was still coming, and it would be released sometime in the spring. Upon launch, it is assumed that the white iPhone 4 will ship in 16 GB and 32 GB versions like the black iPhone 4.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Ember for Mac gains 'hugely-requested' screen recording feature
- Spotify update adds equalizer, refreshed Artist page and more
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs