Mozy releases iOS client
There are any number of online file storage and backup options these days -- Amazon's new Cloud Drive, perennial favorite Dropbox and Mozy, which I've been using for simple backups. So it's good to hear that Mozy has now released an iOS client that will allow you to view your files stored on its servers.
The app has some limitations, unfortunately. Most notably that it's restricted to the US and Canada, although a worldwide version has been promised. Also, it only works with MozyHome accounts (a version for MozyPro is on the way), and can't decrypt any backups you've encrypted with your own private key.
If you use Mozy in North America, give the free iPhone or iPad app a try and let us know how you get on with it in comments.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter