The Civil War Today app brings four years of daily history updates to your iPad
History and A&E Television Networks Mobile have teamed up to bring an excellent history app to iPad owners. The Civil War Today application chronicles the events of the Civil War over the next four years.
Each day, iPad users will be greeted with an update detailing the battles and historic information from that date 150 years earlier. These details are presented interactively using photos, maps, newspaper clippings, diary entries and more.
Socially aware, the iPad app also includes a Twitter feature that lets you send telegrams via Morse code and a tie-in with GameCenter to earn Civil War achievements.
The Civil War Today application launched on April 12, 2011, the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War. Daily application updates also began on April 12 and will continue until April 26, 2015.
The Civil War Today app is available now in the App Store and will set you back US$7.99. All things considered, this is a reasonable price for four years of fresh content straight from the annals of history.
Deals of the Daymore deals
Software Updatesmore updates
- Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 Update 14.3.4
- Pixelmator 2.2 available with over 100 new features and improvements
- DabKick for iPhone lets you share photos, watch videos and now listen to music in real-time
- Google Now added to search app on iPhone, iPad
- GateGuru for iPhone has been updated and greatly improved
- Twitter updates its OS X client