iPhone nano fake available in China
Apple may never introduce an iPhone nano, but that's not keeping the knockoff manufacturers in China from creating them.
The phone was discovered by a writer for Giz-China.com, who was checking out a Lenovo tablet when he spied the mini-iPhone 4 clone. While unable to get exact dimensions of the device, the writer said that it "easily fits in to the palm of my hand," and the photos show this iPhone nano fake to be about 2/3 the size of a true iPhone 4.
Called the iPhone 4 Nano, this Shenzen-made product doesn't run iOS -- instead, it sports a Java-based OS that looks and acts remarkably like Apple's mobile operating system. It comes complete with a 1.3 Megapixel back camera and a front-facing camera, has a resistive touchscreen, and won't (of course) work with the App Store.
While this phone retails for about US$58 without a contract, chances are slim that it will make it out of the Chinese market. Still, it would be fun to have a mini-me iPhone 4 to accompany your full-sized Apple smartphone.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Vizzywig 8xHD price tag now a very affordable $49.99
- Automatic targets teen drivers with License+ service
- Dropbox adds support for TouchID
- YouTube for iOS gets updated with full support for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iOS 8.0.1 update now available (Updated -- Don't update!)
- NFL Mobile updated for 2014 Season with new Fantasy Football features, NFL Now integration