Samsung shoots back, files patent lawsuits against Apple
Samsung has shot back against Apple and filed lawsuits in Korea, Japan and Germany just three days after Apple filed suit against Samsung for copying the iPhone, iPad and iOS. Samsung has issued a statement saying, "Samsung is responding actively to the legal action taken against us in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure our continued innovation and growth in the mobile communications business."
The statement also said that the patent suit filed by Samsung involved infringements on up to five Samsung patents, but it did not elaborate as to which patents it was referring to. Stay tuned, things are about to get messy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter
- Dropbox adds file/folder renaming and Office document editing to iOS app