Samsung shoots back, files patent lawsuits against Apple
Samsung has shot back against Apple and filed lawsuits in Korea, Japan and Germany just three days after Apple filed suit against Samsung for copying the iPhone, iPad and iOS. Samsung has issued a statement saying, "Samsung is responding actively to the legal action taken against us in order to protect our intellectual property and to ensure our continued innovation and growth in the mobile communications business."
The statement also said that the patent suit filed by Samsung involved infringements on up to five Samsung patents, but it did not elaborate as to which patents it was referring to. Stay tuned, things are about to get messy.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Fantastical 2.1 for iOS adds new snooze, search and notification features
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options