Cydia back up after multi-day outage
Good news for the jailbreak community as Cydia is now back up and running. Along with many other companies, the alternative app store for iOS devices has been down for several days due to Amazon's highly-publicized E2C Cloudfront server outage.
During this downtime, Cydia suspended all downloads, purchases and updates. Users of the jailbreak app store were greeted with a notice that all activities were down. The app repository came back to life last night, and everything is back to business as usual. Woohoo!
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows