Blast from the past: Steve Jobs talks location privacy issues
With Locationgate hitting a frenzy, All Things D has gone back and cut a new video of Steve Jobs and Google mobile boss Andy Rubin talking about privacy and location tracking on mobile phones. The footage comes from the D8 Conference last June and at D: Dive Into Mobile in December.
At All Things Digital, Jobs told Mossberg that Apple takes location data very seriously and that he believe privacy means that "people know what they're signing up for." Check out the collection of clips on the next page (word of warning, AllThingsD only provides the clip in Flash -- sorry, iOS readers). The insights are quite interesting given the current climate over location tracking.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- ExpanDrive 4, more services and faster sync
- Apple adds iTunes Extras to Apple TV
- Spotify updates with new iPhone controls in time for summer BBQs
- iTunes U update will bring course creation and student discussion to iPad app
- Dropbox for iOS update adds new setup and file management options
- Amazon Instant Video app now offers free, ad-supported TV episodes, new HBO shows