Blast from the past: Steve Jobs talks location privacy issues
With Locationgate hitting a frenzy, All Things D has gone back and cut a new video of Steve Jobs and Google mobile boss Andy Rubin talking about privacy and location tracking on mobile phones. The footage comes from the D8 Conference last June and at D: Dive Into Mobile in December.
At All Things Digital, Jobs told Mossberg that Apple takes location data very seriously and that he believe privacy means that "people know what they're signing up for." Check out the collection of clips on the next page (word of warning, AllThingsD only provides the clip in Flash -- sorry, iOS readers). The insights are quite interesting given the current climate over location tracking.
With Locationgate hitting a frenzy, All Things D has gone back and cut a new video of Steve Jobs and Google mobile boss Andy Rubin...
Subscribe to Newsletter
Software Updatesmore updates
- Daily App: MyScript Calculator solves your hand-written math equations
- Findery app lets you discover the world around you using annotated notes and maps
- The Learnist app brings its crowd-sourced collection of information to your iPhone
- My cat Cinnamon reviews Friskies Cat Fishing 2
- Photo Grid Collage Maker is capable and free
- iExit gets new features and is now free