Blast from the past: Steve Jobs talks location privacy issues
With Locationgate hitting a frenzy, All Things D has gone back and cut a new video of Steve Jobs and Google mobile boss Andy Rubin talking about privacy and location tracking on mobile phones. The footage comes from the D8 Conference last June and at D: Dive Into Mobile in December.
At All Things Digital, Jobs told Mossberg that Apple takes location data very seriously and that he believe privacy means that "people know what they're signing up for." Check out the collection of clips on the next page (word of warning, AllThingsD only provides the clip in Flash -- sorry, iOS readers). The insights are quite interesting given the current climate over location tracking.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter