Popular smitage game ZombieSmash receives major update
When we anointed ZombieSmash as one of our Daily Apps last month, we mentioned that the game was about to receive a major upgrade -- and it just did. Adding a second campaign of carnage and smiting, the newly updated software offers an additional 30 levels (or "days") of gameplay, basically doubling the original game.
On sale now for just US$0.99 (iPhone) and $1.99 (iPad) at the iTunes App Store, you can crush, explode, squish and otherwise wreak havoc among the rampaging zombie hordes. In my play-through, I was a little disappointed there weren't more basic tower defense strategy elements built into the gameplay, but I found it a delightful diversion. (For rather bloody limb-by-limb dismembering values of "delightful," that is.)
The update provides 25 new Game Center achievements, improved "zombie spawning," bunny zombies (for an Easter easter egg), an enhanced soundtrack and more.
Software Updatesmore updates
- Apple Remote Desktop updated with Yosemite support
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, iOS 8.1.3 updates now available
- Sports Illustrated 120 SPORTS channel comes to Apple TV
- Logic Pro X update brings AirDrop support, new effects, tools, and more
- Parallels Access 2.5 released, adds file manager, computer-to-computer remote access
- The Google Translate iOS app is about to get a lot smarter